So, I thought I'd do a tag. Actually, I've already done it on FB, so this is just a copy paste with edits, but since my Namesake as well as dear friend Monika,Ansh have both tagged me...I thought, why not? This is for you, my gal pals! The FB one has all the snaps though... ;p
Also, I think it made sense to put this here since the EO is all flushed and feverish and making me all weepy...it'll make me feel better. So my darling EO, this is for you too!!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Like, really?? Oh alright…oh yes!
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Thrilled to pieces and scared to bits.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
Aww…do I really have to? Ok, 27.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
By peeing on a stick. ;p
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
The husband…of course! Then the torrents of phone calls started.
8. DUE DATE?
17th September 2003
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Na re, na re. But that smugness was zapped right out of me the second time round!
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Burgers! And brownies!
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
The husband. He wasn’t living upto my expectations of doting-pampering-husband-about-to-be-father at all! Sob!
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
I wanted a girl, but in my heart of hearts, I knew it was a boy. However, I had a list of lovely names for girls picked out...with just a few afterthoughts for boys thrown in! It was my Ma-Janoni's story in reverse!q
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?Aww…do I really have to? Ok, 14 kgs…you want pounds, you do the math!
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
In Bengali we call it a ‘shaad’…and I had two, one from mum and another from mum-in-law. Plus countless others from loving friends and relatives!
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew. In fact, I even helped my mom plan the menu! ;)
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Sciatica pain due to which I quit my job earlier than I was planning to. Plus, a terrible pneumonic patch in the lungs…and this was when I still didn’t know that I had actually conceived and had to take really strong doses of medication...that was scary, because I took the preg test while I was sick (intuition, late periods...) and when the test came back positive I got scared thinking about the medication. The doc changed them immediately! Plus flashes of rage and depression. Here's one incident...in the middle of an argument with the MIM, I broke a glass table...yup, I just tipped it over ;) Don't worry, that was the only 'major' incident!
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Woodlands Hospital, Alipore, Kolkata
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Zilch. A big, fat zero!
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
Almost the entire family!
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The husband, the doc and his team.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Sigh! A bloody, effing C-Section! I believe that is the 'natural' thing these days. :(
I started losing weight during the last two weeks of my pregnancy. Apparently the amniotic fluid was drying up and so I 'had to' have a C-Sec!
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, that long needle that they put into you bloody spine! An epidural! From painful to painless in how many seconds?
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
14th September 2003
26. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY
5 years, 5 months and 18 days.
And for those of us who have second-borns and maybe even third-borns, what say we start a tag in their honour?